I will bet you have been wondering: "Hey, what the heck is happening with Tongue and Ink?" Well, writers and writing enthusiasts: wonder no longer! Click the title to see the updates.
First of all, thank you for checking for updates! Keep checking on this site for more!
Except for meals, all of the sessions will be taking place in the Center for Natural Sciences (located at 201 East Beecher Street, Bloomington, IL, 61701).
Here's the tentative schedule for Tongue and Ink 2010:
Friday, March 26th
- 3pm-4pm- Registration and set up for events
- 4pm-5pm- Mary Jo Bang Keynote Reading
- 5pm- 6pm- Mary Jo Bang Technical Workshop
- 6pm- 8pm- Dinner
- 8pm-10pm- Slam, Featuring Robbie Q. Telfer
- 10pm- Late o’clock- Party at Theune’s
Saturday, March 27th
- 9:30am- 10:30am- Session Group 1
- 10:30am- 11:30pm- Session Group 2
- 11:30pm- 1pm- Lunch
- 1pm- 2pm- Robbie Q. Telfer Workshop, and another session
- 2pm-3pm- Pinckney Benedict Technical Workshop
- 3pm- 4pm- Pinckney Benedict Keynote Reading
- 4pm- 6pm- Dinner
- 6pm- 8pm – Release Party
- 8pm- 10pm - Blue Moon Coffeehouse
- 10pm- Late o’clock- Closing Party
In terms of the sessions, here is the current list of session we plan to be able to provide:
- Multi-Modal Composition
- Writing what you don't know
- Technical Workshops led by the Keynotes Robbie Q. Telfer, Mary Jo Bang, and Pinckney Benedict
- "1000 Journals Project: IWU Edition"
- Songwriting with the Blue Moon Coffeehouse Feature, John Gorka
We will be posting the session descriptions as soon as we can.
Thank you for your continued support.
We will see you at the conference on March 26-27th!